In February 2012, the Royal Depot obtained its first star of the ecodynamic charter. This label, founded by Brussels Environment, is an official recognition of a company’s efforts for the environment.
In this way, the Royal Depot has been rewarded for its efforts and progress:
- A recycling system with a container park ( Molok) where paper, glass, plastics, wood … are recycled separately. In this way, 90% of all waste can be recycled.
- All employees of the Royal Depot can use the shuttle service between the North station and Tour & Taxis.
- The use of ‘Alpenergie’, the green energy of Electrabel. The concept encourages people to use natural resources more responsibly.
- A recharging station for electric vehicles in front of the Royal Depot in close cooperation with The Plugincompany.
- The use of the Smart ‘Electric Drive’, the electric vehicle with an autonomy of 120 km, as an ecological way of transport for the employees of Project T&T.
Brussels Environment not only rewards companies, it also helps companies to structure, plan and measure their efforts. This help gave Tour & Taxis the possibility to imply an internationally recognised environmental system (ISO14001 norm or the EMAS).